Advantages of Investment Immigration
- You only need to invest NT$ 6 million to set up a company. Therefore, you, your spouse, and your children who under the age of 20 can come to Taiwan to live together.
- You must join the national health insurance for six months of residence. Then, you can apply for permanent residency after one year of residence.
You must be a Hong Kong person recognized by Taiwan law, and all of the following four conditions must be met:
- hold a Hong Kong permanent identity card
- hold a Hong Kong passport or British Overseas Passport(BNO)
- not holding a passport other than Hong Kong passport or British Overseas Passport(BNO)
- those born in mainland China must hold a home visit permit
- invest more than NT$6 million to establish a company or firm, or invest in someone else’s company or firm. (investment in real estate or public market stocks in the name of an individual cannot be counted)
- You must have an address to register the company you set up. You can find the address on the rental website yourself, and we can also help you find a business center.
- It is necessary to apply for a good citizen certificate (a certificate of no criminal record) from the Hong Kong government.
- You must come to Taiwan for a health examination.
- You must find a Taiwanese as your guarantor of residence.
- You can apply for a Resident Certificate immediately after the establishment of the company
- sign agency authorization, check company name, write business plan
- apply for investment license
- come to Taiwan to open a bank account, rent an office or shop
- inject investment funds from Hong Kong, foreign exchange settlement, and capital verification
- company registration
- tax registration
apply for residency
- apply for a good citizen certificate in Hong Kong
- come to Taiwan for physical examination
- apply for Resident Certificate
apply for a Resident Certificate
- Your company must have an actual business and file taxes normally. Then, you can apply for settlement.
- You have to live specified number of days to apply for residency.The number of days refers to any of the following conditions, you can choose a favorable way to apply:
- lived for 335 days in the previous year that estimated from the date of application
- lived for 270 days a year in the first two years from the date of application
- apply for household registration and ID card
- apply for a passport
- If you live in Taiwan for 183 days in a calendar year, you will become a Taiwanese tax resident, and you must file tax returns like a Taiwanese.
- Taiwan Tax Resident
- Tax Rate: progressive tax rate 5%, 12%, 20%, 30%, 40%
- Filing: May in every year
- Foreign Income: the family needs to declare together, and each reporting household has an annual tax allowance of 6.7 million
- Non-Taiwan Tax Residents (foreigners have lived in Taiwan for less than 183 days)
- Tax Rate: salary 6% or 18% / dividend 21% / other income 20%
- Declaration: within 10 days from the date of payment
- The investor’s own spouse and children under the age of 20 can apply together or apply for dependent residency afterwards.
- After you settle down and become naturalized, your spouse, parents, grandparents, children, and grandchildren can apply to come to Taiwan to reside by relatives.
Buying a property:
- You can buy real estate in the name of an individual or company, not limited to residential or commercial buildings, but you cannot buy agricultural land.
- During the investment residence period, if you need to work for someone else or your own company, you need to apply for a work permit separately.
- Your children under the age of 20 can apply for school after obtaining a residence permit
- The Hong Kongdriver’s license validated by Foreign Embassy Office with holding more than one year residence permit, it can redeem Taiwandriver’s license.
- Your company is free to hire Taiwanese employees, if you need to hire foreigners or Hong Kong people, you need to apply for permission.